Owning a new house has become more of a reality with the announcement of the Federal Government HomeBuilder stimulus scheme for new housing. A grant of $25,000 will allow those looking to enter the housing market achieve their bricks and mortar dream with a financial boost, whether they are a first home buyer or not.
What has been outlined:
- To be eligible the owner-occupiers (no investors or companies) must build a new home as a principal place of residence where the property value does not exceed $750,000. This includes first home buyers.
- The contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 with construction commencing within three months.
- Must be an Australian citizen over 18 years of age.
- Singles must be earning $125,000 annually or less based on 2018-19 tax return or later.
- Couples must earn $200,000 annually or less based on 2018-19 tax returns or later.
If you are a first home buyer, you are also eligible for the current $10,000 first home owner grant
Resi Ventures has numerous fixed house and land packages available in the north and west of Melbourne at Accolade Rockbank, Monument Plumpton and Mosaic Lalor. View all of Resi Ventures house and land developments here
See the full eligibility HomeBuilder details here